Have you tried to lose belly fat? Then you know it is challenging. But, it is not impossible. With proper nutrition and a well-planned work-out plan, you can start to notice significant changes in a few weeks.
The 30-day Abs Challenge
Today we are going to share with you a 30-day work-out plan to lose belly fat. This workout plan is tested, and we can guarantee you will notice changes within four weeks.
- Perform each of the exercises outlined in the section below for at least one minute without resting in between the exercises. Repeat the exercises a total of three times. Do not rest for more than two minutes between the sets.
- Do the exercise for three consecutive days, rest one day, then work out for another two consecutive days. So, if you start on Monday, your rest days will be Thursday and Sunday.
- Combine the exercises with a walk, jog, or run of at least 30 minutes every day.
- The exercises and running will not help much if you do not watch your diet. Avoid sugary foods such as bread and pasta. Also, avoid junk food such as pizza and fries.
- Eat lots of vegetables and fruits.
- Animal protein – lean meat, eggs, and dairies – should be part of your diet but you should not eat them frequently. Eat such foods once or twice a week.
Observe the guidelines of this abs challenge for at least four weeks if you want to see any changes in the abdominal area. If you experience some discomfort, do not abandon the program; that is a sign that the exercises are actually working.
If there is progress after four weeks, why stop at that? Continue with the program. The point of exercising and dieting is to become healthier and more fit, right? If you stop, after a week or two you will be back to where you started.
Try “The 4 Week Diet”
Another way to lose weight fast is to focus on your hormones – four hormones in particular. There is a new diet – The 4 Week Diet – that does exactly that.
If you think that following the tips presented below is quite hard and you want to have a more structured way of losing weight laid out for you, then consider trying the 4 Week Diet plan.
To find out if this diet could be just what you need to lose over 30 pounds in just one month, check out The 4 Week Diet today.
Now let’s head straight into the exercises for the 30-day abs challenge!
The following are 6 of the best exercises to lose belly fat.
- Reverse Crunch
Follow the following steps to perform a reverse crunch properly.
- Lie faceup on the floor or a mat. Your palms should be facing down.
- Put your legs in a vertical position and ensure they are at a 90-degree angle to the floor.
- While still keeping your legs straight, lift your hips off the floor and crunch them towards your chest.
- Maintain this position for two seconds before slowly lowering your hips until they touch the floor.
- Repeat the process for one minute.
- Scissors Exercise
Until you try this exercise, it appears like a child’s play. I mean, who cannot cut the air with their legs. However, if performed correctly, the scissors exercise targets the lower abs.
- Lie on your back with your palms facing down firmly on your sides.
- Raise your shoulders slightly while keeping your lower back flat on the floor.
- Lift your legs a couple of inches off the floor and keep them there.
- Lift one leg towards the ceiling until you cannot take it any further. Slowly lower it to the original position. Repeat this step with the other leg.
- Perform this exercise for at least one minute.
- Elbow to Knee Crunch
This exercise targets the side abs.
- Lie on your back. Put your hands behind your head and bend your knees.
- Lift your right leg and position it such that the right ankle rests on the left knee. That is the starting position.
- Bring your left knee to the right elbow while slightly crunching up (lifting your shoulder slightly). As you do this tighten your muscles.
- Hold that position for 2 seconds and repeat the process for 30 seconds.
- Switch the legs (the left leg over the right leg and lift your right knee towards your left elbow) and perform the exercise for another 30 seconds.
- Diagonal Plank
This exercise is a slightly tricky variation of a standard plank. It does burn fat quickly.
- Get down on all four. Your body should be parallel to the floor. Make sure your feet are shoulder-width apart.
- Straighten your right arm and your left leg simultaneously. Hold the position for about 2 seconds, and lower them to the original position.
- Repeat with the opposite arm and leg.
- Do the exercise for at least one minute.
- Cross-body Mountain Climber
This exercise will make you sweaty. To make the most out of it, do it as quickly as you can.
- Go down on all four (as if you want to perform a plank).
- Bring your left knee towards the right elbow, and lower it to the starting position. Then, bring your right knee towards the left elbow.
- Repeat the process for a minute or more.
- Russian Twist
Follow the following steps to perform a Russian Twist properly.
- Lie on your back and extend your arms above your chest.
- Raise your legs and back off the floor. Keep balance using your butt alone. Keep your back straight, and your knees slightly bent.
- Rotate your body such that you bring your arms to one side. Return to the original position and rotate your body to the other side.
- Repeat the exercise for at least one minute.